Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Disappearing Radio Stations.

So I get in my car the other day, ready for a nice drive. Of course, I needed some good music to get me where I needed to go. I just wanted to relax so I hit the preset on my radio for 92.5, Denver's only real R&B station.

I hit the gas, and off I went. But after a few minutes, something felt weird. What the hell am I listening to?! Is it... could it... IT IS! COUNTRY MUSIC!

I immediately looked over at my radio. Maybe I hit the wrong button and changed the station or something... nope! "WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screamed. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

One of my favorite radio stations had been replaced, overnight, by a crappy country station! Why do they do it like this? No notice, no warning that the station is shut down. They just instantly close it and replace it with another! This has happened to me before, when I turned on my radio to the sound of mexican hip hop! (this was actually not as bad - I still have the station on my preset). I understand that sometimes radio stations just don't make money and have to be shut down, but why not give the loyal listeners some notice? Do they think we won't notice or something? It just seems so shady and secretive the current way they do it.

I spent the rest of the drive being angry and bashing my head against the steering wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home