Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Age of Enlightenment

Recently it's been feeling a lot like the mid-to-late 90's to me, the first internet boom. I mean, all these innovative sites like YouTube, Wikis, Digg, Facebook, MySpace, and blogs are really catching on into the mainstream, and it feels a lot like it was back then. It's pretty exciting.

I think the good thing about it now is that it is a little bit more reserved - it's not just about hype, but sites are becoming popular on their usefulness and if they are actually adding value. I think we went over this adoption curve in my digital business class last semester - where there's a big spike at the beginning where it's all hype and excitement, then a dip when the bubble bursts, and lastly another ramp up when the technology is really being used for the value it adds.

Anyways, I am happy for it all. In my opinion, it is the greatest invention in the history of the earth - nothing ever invented had such a major, instantaneous impact on people's daily lives. Long live the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home