Monday, May 08, 2006

Sony fails at life.

PS3 @ E3:

20GB: $499
60GB: $599

Are you fucking kidding me?

I do have to say, however, that the graphics look amazing. Gran Turismo HD looks so badass. Metal Gear 4? OMG.

The fact that the controller has Wii-like motion sensing is interesting. Seems like they just copied Nintendo - sorta lame. Anyways, I sorta wish they would create a new controller, it's still pretty much the same as the original PS1 controller, shape-wise. Since the controller is intimate interface with the system, I tend to think about systems through the controller. If they don't change it, it's hard for me to think of it as a new system. I mean, think about this controller evolution: SNES > N64 > GameCube > Wii - that's progress!

Despite my constant bitching, I am a tool and will probably still try to get one. Hopefully at that point I'll have a job to finance it.

2 Comments:

Blogger lolno said...

Did you read this? http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/05/09/1314245

Seems like a hard drive isn't all that's lacking from the cheaper version.

Sony is overconfident, which is making them look pretty sad right now.

9:54 AM  
Blogger jon said...

lol no I hadn't read that.

I guess it's good that Sony is getting this feedback before the launch, so maybe they can change some things.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home