Friday, June 16, 2006

welcome to the dark side

My decade-long one-man boycott of Apple comes to an end. I bought an iPod nano, the first Apple product I've ever owned since the Apple IIGS my parents had when I was in like 1st grade.

It's sad, but I just wasn't strong enough. Even though I know about the scratches, the cracked screens, Steve Jobs' evil management, and the DRM-laced iTunes music, I couldn't take it anymore. In the world of pod-people with their podcasts and their white earbuds, even the most anti-Apple person on earth gets worn down.

The unit itself is actually pretty nice. The earbuds that came with it really suck ass, so I'll need to replace those. The iTunes interface makes me really angry, but I'll just have to deal with it. How do they get away with REQUIRING you to install Quicktime with it? I thought that type of bundling was illegal! Didn't Microsoft get sued for that shit with Windows + IE?

1 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

wow my first blog spam ... I think I've arrived.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home