Monday, June 05, 2006

Game Regulation

The Washington Times has a good editorial on the video game legislation backed by Senators Hillary Clinton and Joe Lieberman to restrict sales of violent games to minors.

While I would in general consider myself a Democrat, this shit makes me really angry. First of all, what is considered acceptable? What is too violent? No matter where we draw the line, it starts us down the horrible path of censorship. Secondly, I have played violent video games since childhood, and am pretty non-violent as you can get. The only time I feel the urge to frag people is when politicians act like this.

I thought regulating morality was for the GOP?

Joe and Hillary, why don't you waste more of our time plz k thx.

Clinton's original November press release

via [GameDaily BIZ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home