Wednesday, December 21, 2005

project runway

Over the past few years I have become pretty jaded by new television. Most every new TV show sucks and I don't think I've watched network prime time television since Seinfeld went off in 1998.

But there is a new show that has made me excited about TV again... Project Runway! I look forward to every wednesday now to see who is "in" and who is "out. Now, I don't know exactly why I find it interesting and fun to watch. I think it's a combination of the crazy challenges every week with the cast of different characters and the clothing that they create.

Now, we're just at the 3rd episode of season 2. I'm still unsure about how things are gonna turn out. As with last season there is a mix of some serious, get shit done type of designers and ones that just annoy the hell out of me. The clear favorites right now are Santino, Nick Garreos, and Chloe Dao. This probably wont stand up with the weird reasons the judges sometimes eliminate people. I am glad to see Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, and Michael Kors back. I'm not sure about Nina Garcia...

They changed some things this season. I think the biggest thing is the model selection method - unless you win, you are pretty much stuck with the same model for the entire run. This does save some time, but definitely takes some focus off of the models and their personalities. Maybe because this season's pool of models is not as interesting as the last one? I mean, I don't really see any Melissas, Morgans, Olgas, or Martiniques this time around - they just kinda seem like generic models.

This week I was kinda pissed that Daniel Franco got eliminated - I'm not sure he should have been given another chance in the first place, but he was clearly not the one who deserved it this time. I have a feeling this was another example of the producers manipulating the elimination decisions. (at the end of the show you will notice that it says something to the effect of "the judges make their decisions based on their own evaluation and input from the producers" or some crap like that.)

Project Runway
(official site)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home