Tuesday, February 28, 2006

do NOT be a fanboy.

Across the internet and in life, you encounter a lot of fanboys. You know, the people who will defend something till the death if someone so much as questions their unshaken belief in something. This is very common in online gaming, where people have so much faith and attachment to the status quo or the omnipotence of the game company that they are unable to question whether some things might not exactly be the best they could be. Note that it is not limited to games.

I speak like I have never been afflicted with this disease, but I often find myself participating or about to participate in such behavior. It is a hard thing to recognize and stop yourself from doing. If I were to write one of those trash business motivational books, one of my rules would definitely be "do NOT be a fanboy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home