Friday, March 03, 2006

Clan in da Front

so in the Wu Tang song 'clan in da front' one of the lyrics goes

I don't give a god damn, on the shows you did
How many rhymes you got, or who knows you kid?
Cuz I don't know ya therefore show me what you know
I was thinking about this, and I realized I wish this was how companies hired. I mean my resume and track record here at college is pretty crappy compared to other people's, but I think I would do a lot better in an actual job. I know that really your transcript and resume is really the only thing that hiring managers have to go off of, but that stuff isn't the best indicator of performance. Just give me a chance godammit!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger lolno said...

I know someone who is going through something like this right now. He has a degree and had good grades, but can't find a place that will hire him. Although he has a job right now (works where my mom does, but they're closing down this year), it's not a "foot in the door" sort of job.

I think that's really the only way to get anywhere. If you can't get a job that gives you the "foot in the door", companies just don't give you a chance. I agree that this needs to change.

Of course, there are the times where you start out as some lowly grunt, get the attention of someone higher up than you, and then they really do give you a chance, but those are becomming increasingly rare I think. :)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home