Saturday, March 04, 2006

It's that time of year again!

So I stop by Safeway after work today to pick up some food for dinner. I was waiting in the checkout line when suddenly I spotted

THE 2006 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT ISSUE

sitting there nestled amongst the tabloids and women's magazines. Naturally, I grabbed one and added it to my pile of items for purchase.

The cover looked very promising - it features seven past cover models huddled together with minimal clothing. Now, if you have seen the swimsuit issues over the past few years, you would notice that there is a definite down trend. Like four years ago it was really good, but the past ones have really sucked, culminating in last year's issue which was just a bunch of ads with some mediocre pictures sprinkled in.

I am happy to say, my friends, that this one officially kicks ass. The models are good, the photography is good, and the ads, while still annoying, aren't that bad. I was pleasantly surprised.

One thing I never understood, though, was the body painting. I understand how it could be appealing to some people, but I just aint feelin it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home